Thought for the day: "Solutions are not the answer" - Richard Nixon

Thursday, November 04, 2004

 

Goodbye civilisation, it's been nice knowing you

BUUUUGGGGGGGGGER!

Ahem, now I've got that out of my system. Needless to say Tuesday nights result did not meet with great approbation on my part. Although I had become resigned to it in the preceding weeks by the night itself I actually believed that Kerry had a good chance, at least of winning the vote of the people if not of the Supreme Court afterwards...However it was not to be, with the end result that the world is even more shafted than ever. I am sure that I will return to this topic in some detail in the future...

Aside from the goings on across the pond it's been a fairly good if busy week. Went on a school trip to Parliament on Wednesday; after far far too little sleep the election night before. Had a good trip: tour round the Lords in the morning then, stopped by Lincoln's Inn in the afternoon to see how the other half lives (the answer apparently is 'quite nicely thank you'. Tomorrow I have my first solo class at school - teaching Year 7's about the joys of Buddhism, a subject which I know very little about, and which my pupils will know even less about by this time tomorrow...

I was observing an interesting lesson today though: year 8s were writing their 'life plans', laying out both the past and the expected future. You'll get an idea of some of the sort of school I'm at when I'll tell you that two pupils in particular caught me eye: the first wrote "Age 12: got my fourth pony" - the second "mid 20s: work my way up the property ladder". Hmmmmmmmm.


Quizilla


you are tiberius
Tiberius was the second emperor of Rome. His
mother wanted it more than he was. He had to
leave his wife to marry Julia, the daughter of
Augustus. He never really cared much for
politics. Later on in life, he moved to the
island of Capri, turning it into an island of
depravity and sex.

What Julio-Claudian Roman Emperor are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

My inner child is ten years old today

My inner child is ten years old!

The adult world is pretty irrelevant to me. Whether
I'm off on my bicycle (or pony) exploring, lost
in a good book, or giggling with my best
friend, I live in a world apart, one full of
adventure and wonder and other stuff adults
don't understand.

How Old is Your Inner Child?
brought to you by Quizilla

Disclaimers

No animals were harmed during the making of this blog. Apart from any cats kicked by the author whilst frustrated at his inability to work out this bloody hmtl gunk.

With the exception of the author, this blog does not contain any nuts.

As a firm believer in the right to freedom of speech and freedom of expression, the author would like it to be known that if anything whatsoever in this blog happens to offend somebody, he is happy not only to retract it but also to deny ever having written it.

This blog can help weight loss only as part of a calorie controlled diet.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?