Thought for the day: "Solutions are not the answer" - Richard Nixon

Sunday, September 05, 2004

 

Let's ranting!

Teacher training starts on Monday with 2 weeks at my old Junior school. I won't be posting about that too much here since I don't want to clutter the place up too much - I'll probably concentrate on politics and general stuff here and hike the teaching off into a separate blog. But what I will do here is make a little rant about the kafkaesque delight that is the Student Loans Company. My departure from full time education two years back did not abate the opportunities to interact with them, since they liked to send me letters from time to time asking for information I'd already sent them. Generally speaking they would also send it to a different country from that which I had asked them to, and then write me another letter when I didn't reply quickly enough (on the grounds that their letter was still working its way towards where I actually was). And then there was their touching desire to talk to me - so much so that they wouldn't talk with anyone else, even when I specifically told them my parents were authorised to deal for me in this...

But I disgress: my point is that, whilst the SLC has been a permament fixture in my struggle for sanity for some years, returning to full time ed has given them more even opportunities than usual to try my patience. Thus far we have had forms that didn't turn up, then showed up three or four times; passwords that I needed to talk to them that I never received, was then allegedly sent and still haven't got; letters telling me that I haven't returned forms when I patently have; and a 'helpline' that seems to be permanently engaged - methinks with the post A Level results rush now on, they may have just taken the phone off the hook. It will not take much more provocation for me to unleash great vengeance and furious anger in their general direction...


Quizilla


you are tiberius
Tiberius was the second emperor of Rome. His
mother wanted it more than he was. He had to
leave his wife to marry Julia, the daughter of
Augustus. He never really cared much for
politics. Later on in life, he moved to the
island of Capri, turning it into an island of
depravity and sex.

What Julio-Claudian Roman Emperor are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

My inner child is ten years old today

My inner child is ten years old!

The adult world is pretty irrelevant to me. Whether
I'm off on my bicycle (or pony) exploring, lost
in a good book, or giggling with my best
friend, I live in a world apart, one full of
adventure and wonder and other stuff adults
don't understand.

How Old is Your Inner Child?
brought to you by Quizilla

Disclaimers

No animals were harmed during the making of this blog. Apart from any cats kicked by the author whilst frustrated at his inability to work out this bloody hmtl gunk.

With the exception of the author, this blog does not contain any nuts.

As a firm believer in the right to freedom of speech and freedom of expression, the author would like it to be known that if anything whatsoever in this blog happens to offend somebody, he is happy not only to retract it but also to deny ever having written it.

This blog can help weight loss only as part of a calorie controlled diet.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?